Wednesday, May 23, 2012

B15) It all started with seven pounds


It all started with seven pounds. I got it on the front. I put the weed in my carryon bag and boarded a plane bound for Chicago. (Last time I'll ever do that)

Within a few hours after arriving to Schaumburg (mom’s house) I’d sold the weed. The deal was brokered by a friend from high school. The selling price was seventeen hundred per pound. My purchase price was seven hundred per pound.

Things grew exponentially from there.
My limit was five hundred pounds. The logistics for moving more than that was too complicated.

Five hundred pounds can fit in the bed of a pickup. It can fit into a van. You can meet someone for a meal. While seated you can pass them a set of keys. This person in turn could pass you a briefcase with half a million dollars in it. After the meal you part ways knowing you will have the same meal again in a week or two weeks.

Every single load of weed I moved be it fifteen pounds or five hundred pounds at the conclusion of every deal I was asked the exact same question.

“When can I get more?”
There was never enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment