Monday, May 7, 2012

B3) Workforce Investment Act



Shortly after my release from prison Dec, 1998 I ended up in the Employment office in Elgin IL. After spending six years in a state prison I had little faith in any government institution but I had to exhaust all possible resources in my efforts to rebuild my life. While at the Employment Office I found out about funding (tuition money) available for job training, WIA Funding (link below).

http://www.doleta.gov/usworkforce/wia/act.cfm

After filling out some paperwork I qualified for the funding.
I used the WIA funds for vocational training and attended a vocational school offering a computer applications/computer networking program. This opportunity put me upon the path of education and the following year I enrolled in college in pursuit of a college degree. In 2004 graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science CIS and went onto grad school. In 2006 I earned a Master’s Degree in Information Systems MIS.

The WIA funding is still available. The money comes from the Federal Government and
disburse through local state agencies. Go to the Employment Office and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment