Saturday, May 12, 2012

B8) Four Years Later...

I’ve gone from Cimarron a high medium yard and worked my way down to a minimum yard, North Unit in Florence Az. I spent the last three and a half years of my prison sentence at North Unit.

I was in the chow hall seated with three friends having lunch. I think it was a Saturday. The scene unfolded just like at Cimarron four years earlier. Predator and prey in motion

Striking from behind - bla blab bla...

bla blab bla...


Both men were taken to the hole.

Same shit. Different day.
Four years earlier I struggled to keep my food down after witnessing such an event.  Today all I seem to care about was if one if my friends at the table was going to eat his dessert.

I changed.  I wondered if this meant I’d become “institutionalized” or is this just a severe case of apathy?


I realized that day change occurs slowly over time but often realized in a moment.

One of my favorite quotes from Leo Buscaglia:

"Each and every time you experience some new you emerge as something new"

Who am I now?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent quote from Leo Buscaglia... Your an excellent writer Chip, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete